Vacature Sous chef
Hey you! Do you prefer working with vegan and organic products? Then we have the perfect job for you at Mama Gaia!
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team. At Mama Gaia we serve plant-based dishes inspired by nature, awareness about our products and the impact we make is central.
Who are we?
As a Sous Chef at Mama Gaia you are part of a unique concept. With 70 seats, Mama Gaia is the largest plant-based restaurant in the Netherlands with an average review score of 4.7 on Google.
The restaurant is part of Oceans, a sustainable hub with workplaces, meeting rooms & event spaces. At Oceans and Mama Gaia we want to inspire guests to contribute to a better world. We do this by setting a good example and showing how delicious it is to eat plant-based.
Description of the role
The Sous Chef will support the chef with the orders, the schedule, running the à la carte, supervising the chefs and assistant chefs. A great role that can make a lot of impact.
As Sous Chef, you are busy with making the daily orders, the schedule, running the à la carte and supervising the chefs and assistant chefs.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Sous Chef who is enthusiastic and knows how to tackle things. Affinity and experience with plant-based cooking is important as no meat, fish or dairy is used in our dishes. You’re enthusiastic about our concepts and also convey this to colleagues and guests.
In addition, we are looking for someone who meets the following points:
- Completed chef training.
- Restaurant experience (minimal of 1 year).
- Full time availability: also in the evenings and weekends.
- Teacher’s diploma is an advantage.
- You have initiative and leadership skills.
- You have your HACCP & Social Hygiene.
What do we offer?
- A social enterprise environment and, together with your team, you make a positive impact on the world.
- You get a lot of freedom & responsibility within your position.
- A competitive salary suited to the position and experience..
- Nice extras such as: a discount on the Kenamju gym, travel expenses & pension scheme.
- 25 vacation days.
- Training options including a training budget from Mama Gaia.
- An enthusiastic, motivated team that is committed to a better future.
Will you come on board with us? Let’s create waves of impact!
Send an email with your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org